Fixture and Strobe

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Fixture and Strobe

Hi all, I'm new on Dot2onPC! I use Sunlite Suite 2 but now I want try and learn the Dot2.

Step by step I'm learning this new software always clashing with new problems, now I'm stuck at this point:
      I created the library for a fixture that has 5 channels (Dimmer - RGB and Strobo), when the amount in Dot2 does not appear to me the Beam menu on the right, if I insert a fixture that contains the beam (eg Proel 575 wash moving head ) the menu Beam appears on the right and my 5-channel fixture works well, even the strobe (but tried everything for now on dot3D), where am I wrong? Is the library wrong? I do not need the Proel 575 fixture and when I delete it the Beam menu disappears :(
      The library is:
      1 DIM
      2 COLORRGB1
      3 COLORRGB2
      4 COLORRGB3
      5 STROBEINTENSITY ----> channel function.........STROBE ..............DmxFrom 0 ............DmxTo 255 ...........PhysTo 20

I have another fixture that gives me trouble with the strobe, it's a 4 channel (R-G-B-Dimmer / Strobo), on Dot2 the strobe fader always stays at 0.
      The library is:
      1 COLORRGB1
      2 COLORRGB2
      3 COLORRGB3
      4 DIM -------> channel function.............. DIM...................DmxFrom 0............ DmxTo 240.............PhysTo 1
      _____________________________________STROBE.............. DmxFrom 241.......... DmxTo 255........... PhysTo 20

I hope someone will give me a hand, thank you and have a good day!

Frederick
    • Hi,
      all channels works always fine with Raw (raw strobo, raw effect...). Raw represents the plain fader like control, dmx from 0 to 100 % (0 to 255). The others (under Beam, gobo...) are made from these values to be quicker with programming. But they not always work properly with all patched fixtures in real, because someone make them bad (gobo do not stop when Stop is choosen...). But I do not know, how to make them for the new fixfure. Maybe open an existing profile (Proel wash) and look, how is it done in Fixture editor.

A@
    • Hi fededot2,
      patch the xmlp fixturetype in the consloe or onPC and
      export it from "setup/patch and fixture schedule/ change fixturetype" onto a USB stick.
      Then it is stored on there as a xml and is not p (for protected) anymore.

The xmlp format is because of property reasons, but to export single fixturetypes is allowed.
      That´s why you have to make this "extra" precedure, to get it editable in the Fixturebuilder.