Terbly PT160S-R fixture + query on DMX Test command

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Terbly PT160S-R fixture + query on DMX Test command

Hi, I am having some problems after implementing MA Dot2 XLF. I have some problems turning the lamp on for my Terbly PT160S-R moving head. I am suspecting the value sent for lamp on is incorrect. I wanted to check using fixture builder but the files in the library are xmlp format. Is there a way to get the xml file for Terbly PT160S-R? Or does anyone have an updated version?

Also, is there a way to send a command to a DMX channel with a certain value? From the manual, I can see only "dmx 1.1 at 100" which sets the value at 254 for 1.1. But is there a way to set the actual value instead of the percentage?
    • Good Morning,

I guess it's not the value itself which wrong, but the time how long the value is hold. We had this issues with some other fixtures in the past. Can you let us now the exact value and the time how long it must be active on the output? We will adjust the fixture type for you then! :)

To solve the issue in a quick way you can change to the Control Raw Dialog. Now you have control about the real DMX channel and can set the DMX value to the right value for a longer period then 5s. (See Screenshot Raw_Dialog)

By clicking on the encoder in the RAW:Lamp Dialog you will get a calculator which give you direct access to all of the control functions. (See Screenshot calculator)

The xmlp files can be created by exporting the fixture type from the console or onPC software. To do so there is a button in the "Select Fixture Type" Menu.

Unfortunately it is not possible to change the value type which is set by the DMX command, but you can easily calculate the correct value by dividing it by 2.55.
      Example: 128 (in DMX) / 2.55 = 50,19 (in percent)

I hope all this helps to solve the issue! :)

Cheers,
      Lars
      Images
      • calculator.PNG

54.18 kB, 646×396, viewed 26 times
      • Raw_Dialog.PNG

28.69 kB, 647×396, viewed 21 times
      Technical Support
      MA Lighting Int.
    • Hi Lars

Thanks for the response and advice!

I have a few more follow up questions:

>>To solve the issue in a quick way you can change to the Control Raw Dialog. Now you have control about the real DMX channel and can set the DMX value to the right value for a longer period then 5s. (See Screenshot Raw_Dialog)
      1. OK, so I can set the value using the raw control. So u have described how to set the value by dividing actual DMX value by 2.55, but how do I set the period? Or how do I control the period?

2. I have managed to export to XML and use the Fixture Editor. Where do I specify the time period in the Fixture Editor if I want to change it from 5 seconds?

Thanks!

The post was edited 2 times, last by chriseow ().

• chriseow wrote:

2. I have managed to export to XML and use the Fixture Editor. Where do I specify the time period in the Fixture Editor if I want to change it from 5 seconds?
      this is not possible with the Fixture Builder. You need to change code in the XML-File. That's why I said that we can adjust the fixture type for you! ;)

So if you would upload the fixture type or send it to support@ma-dot2.com we can solve this for you!

Cheers,
      Lars
      Technical Support
      MA Lighting Int.
    • Lars wrote:

chriseow wrote:

this is not possible with the Fixture Builder. You need to change code in the XML-File. That's why I said that we can adjust the fixture type for you! ;)
      So if you would upload the fixture type or send it to support@ma-dot2.com we can solve this for you!

Cheers,
      Lars
      Hi Lars, I managed to change the code in the XML file and loaded the updated XML into the console. Thanks so much again for your advice! Completely solved my problem!