Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 60.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Here's what I came up with very quickly, only has ~33 beams. Stuffed it into a gmaMedia file and that into a ZIP file and off it goes... It will spin like a top as well but needs some profile sub attribute adjustment to have that visualize correctly; the model works, the .XML profile needs small assignment statement change. The subattribute to make the model spin is actually MP_SPIN_Z instead of PARABOLICMIRROR. There is no Axis Helper PARABOLICMIRROR....so the name needs to change to MP_SPIN_Z.…

• It will be difficult to get a decent visualization for this type of fixture. It's a 'Moon Beam' type of instrument with some sort of revolving[continuous spin] mirror setup generating 57 beams of light with color macros...even skillful hacking will leave the visualization lacking...for any profile used. Proper 3D model would probably crush a system with a single one fixture patched... Good luck on something like this! Rexy

• Does it appear to even be receiving data? as in...is there DMX outputing from the end of the XLR cable? Is there any data being output from the desk? as in...the DMX sheet? Wrong universe? Fixture address and Patch address the same...lot's to troubleshoot if a light does 'nothing'. First off, is the fixture at 50/50 home position or at 0/0? If it's at home position and receiving, prolly a control issue, may need to adjust values in the RAW state of the Preset instead of the auto generated preset…

• AHA! It seems you can hack a 'split-color' wheel into MA3D....you just have your COLOR1 attribute reference a GOBO1 subattribute, FTW! Then you need to create a GOBO1[or GOBO2 if there is an existing GOBO1 subattribute] wheel dedicated to your split bitmaps you need to generate per your fixture's requirements... ...nice to know the hack-duggery still works!

• Multiple facets of the PRISM1 attribute are possible, even within the same fixture. That can be visualized in MA3D. PRISM1 attribute needs a wheel with the bitmap image of the facets to reference. Then additional assignment statements are needed in the function set as well. This is how it's visualize in MA3D. Split COLOR1 attribute, while available in the real world fixture, are not able to be visualized in MA3D. Seems to me, ahem, the Devs could hack this in. Allow the COLOR1 attribute wheel to…

• Fixture for ETEC LED FAN 7070

Rex - - dot2 Fixture share

You can always 'ask' for a profile at MA-Share...not assured of victory, though. You can always 'order' work from Rexy...;). I write .XML profiles, I construct 3D visualizations, I combine the two...'sliding scale rates' on work. I'm an I.A.T.S.E. Local#16 journeyman. I take Private Messages at MA-Share to connect with clients on visualization projects. I'm proprietor of REX3D as well, for when I am not busy on Local#16 referrals.

• Fixture for ETEC LED FAN 7070

2-instance RGB LED fixture with Master Dim, Macros, Macro Speed, Strobe...seems easy enough. The 'hard' part is some sort of visualization....nice gadget. I'll see what I can whip up, seems able to visualize with default models perhaps...m'eh, seems custom models are needed for a decent visualization. I have done a 'fan' object, just need to generate the LED models. Here you go, give this a try -first build -no custom models -11 Channel mode. -2 instances for the 2 RGB fan blade modules under co…

• Effect continious

Rex - - the dot2 Forum

Are you referencing a 'template' effect or a stored preset? Just curious....

• Not only do I show 'hidden' folders, I also allow file extensions to be visible.....

• Time limit expired. Link is missing. Try this. Report any irregularities...please!

• Elation KL 8

Haven't built or released a custom fixture from scratch in quite a bit, enjoy; provide feedback on channelsets please... Test this out on the realWorld fixture. Works in 3D. You're welcome. Rex

• I wrote this profile for a request posted here and never received any feedback, so it is possible the .XML doesn't sync with the real fixture. I've answered the OP questions over at MA-Share. The profile works fine for me, well; I did write it...I can select and control both Head Movers on the fixtureType. This is a "sub fixture selection/multi-instance selection" issue I'm guessing....not knowing how to select the sub fixtures in a fixtureType. Or the OP is trying to reverse engineer how I cons…

• Strob 20Hz looks like 10Hz

Rex - - the dot2 Forum

F9 will toggle the Render information to the HUD,next to the 'Heart' icon. Render Drop-down is where you can adjust what and how well it is being rendered. Adjust the sliders until you get to the 'happy place' between speed and performance. Here, I've got the ShowTec OctoStrip running a 'Rainbow' COLOR EFFECT and I'm getting very good FPS, as you can see in the corner[183 FPS]. Hovering at 30FPS or lower will not render out very well as to speed of parameter/attribute when compared to the actual…

• Multipart fixtures dot2 3d

Rex - - the dot2 Forum

Try this profile. It's an .XML from the .XMLP you pointed to. Yes, that default profile visualization is not quite accurately describing the pixels. Yes, it's the module box you are talking to, but the output is to 8 linear LED strips, with 8 channels of control on each...;). I think it should resemble that structure more closely and can help achieve this for you. This took minutes to put together to hack together, it's crude and you have to move each individual LED module in MA3D space, but....…

• 3d spot with 2 beam

Rex - - the dot2 Forum

Try these small art files....may have to swap the A and B models. I used them on the Marq Gesture Beam 102 profile and works...

• You can Actually get a slightly better visualization with the submitted .XML below. SHUTTER and DIMMERCURVE modules on an 'actual' body of a fixture to visualize the FLASH with STROBE. Then I took the DIM module inside the LED box and protruding from the bottom so you can see the 'LED' of each LED COB. Kinda like the actual fixture used on stage,;). So with this visualization [with the small CLASS = LED hack and parent_instance = "2" nudge] you get: each DIM under control of it's Fixture and Cha…

• 3d spot with 2 beam

Rex - - the dot2 Forum

I have created this type of visualization and it is indeed a tricky construction. One DIM has to face one vector, the other DIM 180 degrees; that does not happen 'naturally' with the software at this time. The offsets are a nightmare to compensate for. It can be done, time and small investment are needed, as MA software is powerful software in the 'write' hands, LOL..... The profile is where it all needs to be correctly written, not only for programmer but for 3D artist....that's the tricky bit,…

• fixture builder parent_instance

Rex - - the dot2 Forum

At the current time, the Fixture Builder doesn't seem capable of that function. This is of build v1.3.22, as far as I've experienced. You will need to open the profile in an .XML editor and include the necessary assignment statement [parent_instance="0"] on your own in the Instance Array at the bottom of the file. The Fixture Builder does correctly generate the file with the proper indices in place index0 & index1[FB renders 'main' module as index1 and 'child' as index2 in GUI, wrong!], you'll j…

• Ah, discovery! Custom models seem to destroy the FOLLOW function.

• A good description of the process, Qincy! Some of '3Ders' already know this feature, ;D...lol. I see programmers take many keystrokes/mouse rolls to 'Align' to a position....many lights! I have noticed something with Dot23D and the Follow command in latest version. In MA2, I can seamlessly and quickly manipulate the Follow object[red dot]. In Dot2, I have some amount of difficulty getting a smooth movement on the Stage Plane. I seem to get a 'snapping' of the Follow avatar[red dot] on my UI[same…