Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 35.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SACN Priority

astandera - - the dot2 Forum

Hi, be only aware of that the desk with higher sACN priority does not take control in the meaning of dmx merging, so, I thing, the physical disconnecting the second console could be the most simple way. But you probably need to swop desks from your desk position remotely. A@

• Hi. First: it behaves as Excel sheet does. I havent tryied it. Try append something more, like On Executor 1.205 + unusedexecrangenumber (9.202 thru 9.202). Or append another commands: ;Clear. Just not to have your exec. number at the end. Maybe only ; will be enough. Second: gma2 has this command (Move DmxuUniverse x at y), so, I gues, dot2 does not Check the manual. A@

• Hi, C:/Program data/MA technologies/dot2/your dot2 version folder/library If you don see Program data, allow showing hidden folders in Windows - Folder options. A@

• Hi, I downloaded your show, deleted Cue 3, copied Cue 1 at 3 again and then Goto Cue 1 and then Goto Cue 3 does not show any difference in the Fixture sheet, effect in Cue 1 is running the same, same colors, speed, pattern... If I Call (MA + On) your separate executor button effect (purple/blue) + white strobe and save it together as Cue 4, it works the same, effect changes and fixture with strobe are strobing... I cannot see any troubles. A@

• Hi, you are still looking for what your fixtures simply do not offer. I understand, but I would either make a presets for dimmer at 100 (...30%) or then a button with this preset stored in Cue 1 and use the preset directly or use Call and pushing the button. Both makes selected fixtures on in the programmer, respect the preset and it is quick. At At shortcut or Call this lasts the same time. I personally do not use Full at all. A@

• Hi, you do not write where, in...What you need is edit the personality in fixture editor and change strobe channel for dimmer. the difference is, that dimmer (Presettype 1) respect tha master and then works as you suppose. You can set there also the default values, higlight... Find and study fixture builder/editor (small MA sw for Windows). After the changes save the pers. as...myscan.xml and use this instead. A@

• Hi, if there is no "darkness" on any of the range of the dmx channels (fixture is alwas on/lighting), then probably not, because what the fixture's mechanics and firmware does not allow, the desk cannot force from. But I cannot believe, that these fixtures does not have a dimmer function. Is not a dimmer a part of dmx range of shutter channel, like: 0-50% dimmer, 50-100% shutter/strobe? In old times that was quite usual. Try to use Beam Raw fader of shutter of dot2 and go from 0 to 100%. If so, …

• Hi, backup your show first and then (if Replace command does not offer swopping fixtures at all) you can try: 1. way: There was, I think, a command in gma2, I cannot find it in manual now, like Replace Fixture 1 Thru 2 With Fixture 2 Thru 1. This would swap data in between these 2 fixtures. Try it in dot2. If it fails then: 2. way, keeping IDs: Patch the same fixturetype as your 2 fixtures are, set its ID to...1001. Clone Fixture 1 At 1001. Then normaly Replace Fixture 1 With Fixture 2. Then Clo…

• Hi, you may like quick add/edit cue fade time by using desk buttons. MA + Label (writes Assign in command line) Time (Fade) 5 (5 s) Cue X. If main, than influence main Executor cue, if folowed pressing your chosen Executor/Button, then cue of this. I often add cue fade times after they are stored, because I simply forget press Time X, or very often when I time my cues. But our Robe fixtures and some LED china fixtures, also dimmers...simply all ours...have never made the cue fade time ignorance …

• Hi, when you save...dimmer effect to an executor and set the executor as Tempfader in its options, raising up the fader should control intensity of the effect. Same with pan/tilt. Option: If there are ...dimmer and rgb and p/t effects saved on one executor, try save another exec. with only Stomp...for rgb..., set it also as Tempfader and raising it up should influence (stomp) only rgb from your first one. A@

• Hi, all data in the show refer to Fixture ID, not to its DMX address. And ID is assigned to the Fixturetype, it means used type of Fixture. Let say in the line 1 of your patch is ID 1. So if your show had in the patch list ID 1 Mac 250 and new head is MAC 700, change (in the patch list of your old show) Mac 250 for Mac 700. DMX addreses will be wrong (more channels for a new Mac), change them for new ones. This will transfer Fixturetype Mac 250 for 700 for ID 1 (first head/fixture), but you stil…

• Hi, as I wrote, direct USB to DMX pigtail might be fine, but dot2 must recognize it to give you free DMX Universe 1 parameters. But it is only software, so the free Universe 1 is given via ethernet card of your PC/laptop, either inbuilt one or external (link). I have no info about USB and it is 99 % wrong idea, because there must be driver and other support and MA does not sell their own pigtail/dongle. USB to DMX is for example offered for Avolites Titan, called Avolites One, but their sw and p…

• dot2 on PC and enttec open dmx

Hi, you have 2 hardware options. 1. Laptop with real ethernet adaptor plus an eth to dmx Artnet or sACN node, which is mostly connected via UTP ethernet cable. Or 2. Buy a small compact USB ethernet card and the rest is the same. Dot2 needs to recognize an eth adaptor, thats all. If you meant a short pigtail direct from USB to DMX (example), I have no experience, but once you have ethernet based hardware, you can be more flexible, backup, simultaneous dmx and artnet distribution neednes, for exa…

• When you type At +5, selected fixtures dimms goes up plus 5 percent. Your glass gels on the color wheel are symetrically fixed (by...5 percent on encoder), so something like Attribute Color 1 At +5 might be possible as a CMD, but it is just an idea. Really not sure. A@

• Prevent tracking

I do not have dot2 here, but R is/should be displayed in the Fixture sheet in red after calling Release command of desired Presettypes in programmer. After storing, the values for that are shown in gray (no R there), if the values go out from the fixture default values, which means, that no values are outputing for it from any executor. In this case, they are shown in yellow color. There is shortcut for Presettype by pressing MA and Preset, I think, and maybe for Release, check the manual. A@

• Prevent tracking

Dot2 is always tracking values in the cue stack so dimm at 0 for half of heads is tracked from cue 1 to cue 2 and there is dimm at 0 for the second half so all stays at dimm 0. Setting their dimms at Release in cue 1 for those in cue 2 and vice versa would take their values from your All dimms at 100 Executor, or another getting them values for dimms out. Release PresetType 1 for the selected fixtures could work. Release in manual: here. The other way is to set all dimms 0 or 100 in your cue sta…

• Hi, look at the manual for Clone keyword. You can clone data of your current fixtures at two newly added. Then your presets will work for all of them. A@

• Dot2 onpc won’t start

Win Updates, driver updates, Win bug for you for today If you havent tried, install previous version of dot2 or try clean Win Registry (Run, regedit.exe) and delete manualy all dot2 reg. keys... There are also some special uninstallers trying do that. A@

• Dot2 onpc won’t start

Hi, I would just uninstall and reinstall dot2 onPC or try undo the problematic win update under the win update settings. Backup your shows, library.... before via Windows Explorer. A@

• Hi, ad 1: Simply turn the right lamp on raw value on and wait, until the lamp ignites. After it clear programmer or off the Control presettype. Longer time causes nothing bad, shorter does not ignite the lamp. Be only carefull not to save lamp on/off values to your cues, which is done if you Clear twice. A@