Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 67.

• Those are great graphics to show phases!

• Quote from Michael: “Hello btodag, you might can work with the blind function... If you like to remote this via MiDi, store an empty Cue onto a Button Executor. Put a command into this Cue: "blind" when you send a "Go" onto this executor Button via MiDi remote, your dot2 System goes into "blind", means your Output will go on, but your programmer from now on will not do Output. By this you can do selections and give these selections presets/ values. In this Moment, you can decide to store them as…

• Could you add a blank cue in the next slot with a delay or fade time and then output the midi note? Effectively the same? I guess if you had a fade on a cue of 2 seconds and you wanted a midi note at 1 second, my idea wouldn't work.

• 127 midi note input

btodag - - the dot2 Forum

Another idea that TVTM_Brian had was that maybe as you map the midi to an executor, you can set the "page" inside of the dot2 midi mapping to "current" instead of specifying. Then, if you change the dot2 page, maybe the midi note calls a different executor. I haven't tried this either. Sorry to be so theoretical and not definitive in my posts. Hopefully these ideas inspire thought/progress. I have to find time to try everything that is in my head. dot2 is a hobby for me, so I don't always get to…

• 127 midi note input

I'm working on using BOME to expand the functionality. If you map everything in the 127 midi notes as a basic funtion, then use BOME to map different pages to send multiple notes, you may be able to expand the overall power of the APC20>BOME>dot2. These are "pages" in BOME, not in dot2. Simple Example: Assume you're using APC20's Track Selections to change "pages" within your BOME translator, which may just be setting a variable G = 1 or 2 or 3, etc If G=1, then set things as basic function: Cli…

• cmd in chasers

Not near my gear, but maybe: Group 9; preset 4.3 Just do it by clicking, then look at the CMD line and copy the last two commands separated by a semicolon.

• Midi Controler with dot2

You're right, you found another problem of mine! The XFaderStopOff push = on and release = on notes. I had this mapped to a CLEAR CMD. So, effectively I was doing CLEAR, CLEAR with one push and then it was stuck on. I corrected in my file. Thank you. My show file may be attached. I've never saved one to anywhere other than the native location. I'm not sure if 3D follows, etc.

It is.... which is incorrect. So, looking at my translator file, the output of "Clip R1C1" is set to variable pp. That is different than all other outputs, and a mistake from my intentions. A good test for you is to change the variable value from pp to 127 in that translator file. See if you can do that. That should change the way it works and it should be on/off. All others seem to be correct in my current file. I'd suggest at least trying to make the change above so you learn a little about th…

Did you set BOME as your midi translator in dot2 onPC? Don't set it to use APC, set it to use BOME. Some keys have an output that will work from APC, but most don't. It may be that you've found one that works. To test, try the top right clip button, then the top, second button. Do they actuate the same input in dot2? If so, you haven't made dot2 use BOME and it is still using APC directly. Check out this vid from right about 4:00. He goes into how to connect a device thru BOME to dot2. youtu.be/…

Are you using a console or onPC? I'm confused why your system doesn't operate like mine.

Quote from nasula: “I work, some work, and some not. Can I assign to fader in APC Fader MASTER and XFade? Why note 125 in dot2, after the first use, (on my APC button stop), are still on? One press causes two changes, for example if the Go button is assigned to it, pressing changes to cue1 and releasing to cue2. Why does the play on APC button exit the router out, and play and rec midi out?forum.ma-dot2.com/index.php/At…fdbeb95efdfadeb29b3e66aa8 ” I'm not sure I fully understand. I'll have to lo…

So, my file isn't 100% mapped. Some of the APC40 in that file still isn't actually mapped. So, that may be confusing. Plus some of the ones not mapped naturally work, but may be several of them are mapped to the same note, which is super confusing. I've done more mapping since I uploaded that file. I can try to share the new file today/tonight. In BOME, I tried to name the translators effectively so that you can see what is mapped. Take a look at them and see if the button you're trying to use i…

My kid is doing a light show at his kindergarten talent show. I'm not available for every practice, so I've created this little schematic to help my wife hook everything up. It may be useful in this thread. For practice, I've given him one light. For the show, he'll have 4 in a square around him on the floor. They dance around him w/haze and he activates different All-effects. He's jamming to Justin Timberlake's "Can't Stop the Feeling" and for each change in dynamics, he selects a level of dyna…

I'm using the full version of BOME, but the trial should work fine initially. It only allows you to work for 20 minutes then you have to restart it. I setup several translations/inputs and mapped them to real functions in dot2 before I purchased the full version. Once I was sure I could make something work, I upgraded. You should be able to download both versions by searching BOME Midi translator. Pics from my first real gig this weekend, a frat party in the next town over. Amateur at best, but …

• Thank you for the response Michael, I'll have to try this. There are several concepts in here that I'm not familiar with. It looks very promising. It sounds as if a lot of this will be done interfacing with dot2 actually inside the software, so in your example I'd use a mouse to store an empty cue on an exec button, "blind". Then I'd select a position, color, etc. Then from there I may be able to use a midi note via a CMD to switch off "blind" and watch it engage. Is it possible to do most of th…

• Perfect! So much to learn for me, without any previous experience. Thanks Michael.

• In the video below, Luke has a way to punt in a look (different fixture color example is explained) and then release that to be activated. In the vid below, he says he "taps it in" but he also has a fader assigned to this, so he can slowly let it fade in. Is that possible in dot2? youtu.be/tRlJN1LALFk?t=178 I know you can create two cues and fade between them, but I'd like to be able to select colors or even positions across different fixtures on the fly through my midi mapped APC40 and then "ta…

• I made something work. I copied the whole cue list to several executors, then deleted within the list until it was arranged in the manner I wanted. Any better solutions for the future?

• I'll actually be moving about 50 of them around. If it was literally 1, I'd recreate it. Thanks for helping a noob!

• I'd like to move one cue from the list on the master executor to another executor or a preset. I tried activating the cue and then storing to an All preset, but nothing stored. I also tried several commands and ended up making some things happen, but none were moving it to another executor. I tried: Copy Cue at Exec 1.305 for example. A cue showed up at 1.305 but it was blank. I'd like to capture everything in one cue in the master exec list and move/copy it to another executor. Help, I have a g…